Taysia Blue Rescue strives to save lives by keeping Siberian Huskies and Alaskan Malamutes out of shelters. We provide them the with medical attention, socialization, exercise, food and a safe place to live with volunteer foster families until we can find them forever homes.
Taysia Blue Rescue envisions a time when all adoptable Siberian Huskies and Alaskan Malamutes have a loving home. Where all have their basic needs met, where all families are knowledgeable of the challenges and wonder of the breeds and where both humans and dogs become ambassadors of this vision.
Who we are:
Taysia Blue Rescue is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. We are a family of volunteers and advocates dedicated to helping local Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes and their guardians. We are funded solely and supported by, the generosity of individuals and corporations in our communities. All of our dogs are located in approved foster homes in the metro areas of Omaha, Lincoln, Kansas City, Des Moines and Denver. Taysia Blue does not have a physical building and does not have set hours of operation.
Our Guiding Principles:
Be Kind. We demonstrate kindness and compassion for all living creatures, we treat others as we would want to be treated.
Respect the Individual. We value and recognize the contributions of each volunteer. We respect each other's opinions, even when we don't always agree. We aren't quick to judge and we listen openly. We respect the privacy and boundaries of adopters and volunteers. We approach each dog as a unique being with different needs. We own what we do and have a sense of urgency. We trust and empower each other to make decisions.
Strive for Excellence. We are open to change, we want to lead by example. We are agile and seek innovation. We strive to make at least one thing better every day. We work as a team and help each other.
Act with Integrity. We do what we say we are going to do. We value honesty and fairness. We are objective by making decisions based on Taysia Blue Rescue's interests and the dogs that count on us.
What we do:
- Provide impact on the communities that we serve by taking dogs from crowded shelters and finding a safe place for them in a Taysia Blue Rescue foster home.
- Taysia Blue Rescue works with the dogs while in foster care to minimize the challenges when moving to their permanent home.
- Taysia Blue Rescue works to set families up for success, by setting realistic expectations and matching them with the right dog to share their lifestyle.
- We support our adopters for life by providing on-going support and resources.
- We provide education and resources about the Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute breed to ensure that adoptive families can make an educated decision before adopting.
- We support responsible dog ownership by educating the public about spay and neuter and promoting good health and safety.
- We support and encourage 100% positive reinforcement training technics; believing it is better to teach a dog by showing them the behaviors that we want vs. punishment for what they did. We do not support the use of shock or prong collars.
- We give back to the community by helping out other animal welfare organizations and supporting other groups in need.